Sunday 28 April 2013


This is a blog about something that happened to me last week.

I have had a frozen shoulder for several weeks and it has been very painful especially in bed at night. Last Saturday we had to do some cleaning at our church part of which entailed cleaning the glass doors.  So, being the stubborn individual that I am and ignoring advice from my husband NOT to clean the doors, I cleaned the doors and ended up in a lot of pain.  I didn’t sleep much that night.   So the next day I looked in my Modern Essentials book to see what the recommendations were to treat a frozen shoulder using my alternative medicine, namely doTERRA essential oils.  There was a recommended protocol which went as follows:- 

Apply 1-2 drops of White Fir to the shoulder reflex point on the foot on the same side as the frozen shoulder to help with inflammation.  Check for any improvement in pain and/or range of movement.  Repeat these steps using Lemongrass (for torn or pulled ligaments), basil (for muscle spasms), and Wintergreen (for bone problems).  After determining which of these oils gets the best results for improving pain and/or range of movement, apply 1-2 drops of the oil (or oils) to the shoulder.  Then apply 1-2 drops of Peppermint to help soothe the nerves and 1-2 drops Oregano to help improve muscle flexibility.  Finally apply White Fir to the opposite shoulder to create balance as it compensates for the sore one.  Drink lots of water. 

I followed the recommendations and no surprise here - it worked! 

Because I am Diabetic, one of the “complications” can be diabetic frozen shoulder and I have had one or two in my life so far in my life.   I suspected that it was certainly bone/joint related pain so I wasn’t surprised that the magic oil for me was Wintergreen.  It only took about 6 minutes to find the right oil and the relief I got was totally, totally amazing.  The shoulder pain was immediately reduced and since then, whenever I feel the pain, I apply Wintergreen and Peppermint and the miracle cure happens again.  
 
Okay the frozen shoulder isn’t cured yet but hey at least I can sleep at night and the pain has improved so much.  Why bother taking anti-inflammatory tablets when something as simple as the “Gift of the Earth” can help? 

Question:-  Where would I be without doTERRA Essential Oils?
Answer:-   In a LOT of Pain!   

Anyone out there with a frozen shoulder, give me a call and I can help you find the magic oil to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment