Saturday 11 May 2013

Kidney Infection - Not Fun!

On Tuesday I was feeling tired and lethargic and I wasn't having a good day.  Then on Wednesday as I stepped into the shower I felt a pain in my lower abdomen, and then thankfully it went away again.

As the morning continued I found myself running to the Loo (or as they say in the States, the Bathroom) every 15-20 minutes.  Really, really, really had to run, but when I got there, not much happened.  I self-diagnosed a Urinary Tract Infection.   As the day progressed I started with pain in my back over my kidney area indicating that the infection was in the kidneys.  The inconvenience of running to the Loo and the pain that was worsening each hour left me feeling pretty sorry for myself so I started taking a doTERRA Antibiotic consisting of 6 drops of Oregano, 4 drops of OnGuard, and 2 drops of Lemon.  My hubby, Martin, thought I should be going to the Doctor and be taking synthetic antibiotics but I insisted that doTERRA would be do the trick and if I didn't feel better in 48 hours I would make an appointment with my GP. 

The first night I went to bed with a hot water bottle over my tummy and another one at my back and   I ran backwards and forward to the Loo all night so hardly slept.

The next day was similar though better than the day before and that night I slept okay.

Friday morning I had arranged to do our weekly shopping and couldn't rearrange as I also shop for an elderly lady and she had ran out of food.  So off I went and though I felt tired, the infection seemed a lot better.

Today?   Well I feel great and the infection is gone! 

People traditionally take antibiotics such as penicillin to treat infection.  It is easy for the Doctor to prescribe antibiotics but they don't tell you the side-effects.  Penicillin causes Candida which builds up in the gut and causes things like headaches, skin rashes, feeling lethargic, poor memory, anxiety attacks and the list goes on and on.  Most people treat these side-effects as normal for them and even when they are accentuated it's put down to just an off-day.

The amazing thing is that God gave us plants and flowers that were used in times past to heal the body.  Then Pharmaceutical companies started producing medicines and are now making millions of pounds, and these medications are prescribed every single day.  I know that pharmaceutical companies have their uses.  I mean I take Insulin every day and without these companies I would be dead BUT I have proved to myself that doTERRA essential oils really work equally as good as synthetic meds WITHOUT the side-effects and I wish more people would give them a chance to heal their lives too.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're better. How often did you take this combo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan. I only use Oregano when really necessary as it's very powerful although I use 2 drops of OnGuard on my feet every night which keeps my immunity high and I drink 5-10 drops of Lemon in water each day which is a gentle detox for the organs in the body. I haven't had any further infections since 2013 so I'm very grateful for doTERRA and I haven't used pharmaceutical medications for over 6 years now.

      Delete
    2. I should've said that I took the combo every 4 hours. x

      Delete